I love to read books for pleasure. It’s important for moms to take some time for themselves whenever they can squeak it into their busy schedules.
It isn’t often that I get time to relax with a good book. When I do have a few minutes, however, I want to be sure I’m going to enjoy whatever I’m taking the time to read. Below is a list of some of my favorite Christian Fiction Authors as well as my favorite books that they’ve written. I wish you many hours of pleasure reading these great books!
Here are 10 Christian Fiction Authors Moms Love to Read:
1. Lynn Austin – My favorite series of Lynn’s so far has been Chronicles of the Kings. It’s a 5 book series about the kings of Judah. If you like historical fiction, you’ll love these books. They bring many Old Testament characters to life!
2. Terri Blackstock – Terri has written books both before and after becoming a Christian… so be sure you do your research before you choose one to read. I love her Restoration series which focuses on typical American families who must change everything they know when all electronics suddenly stop working. Great books if you like suspenseful drama!
3. Lori Copeland – I love her Heavenly Daze series which takes place on an island which unbeknownst to the inhabitants is also the home of several guardian angels.
4. Tricia Goyer – Tricia has written lots of great books. I love her Amish books which unlike some authors she attempts to portray in a more realistic way. I appreciate how Tricia shows us that Amish people have much we can admire… but there also things that they can learn from us English. My favorites so far are her Big Sky Novels which take place in Montana.
5. Angela Elwell Hunt – I love pretty much everything that Angela Hunt has written. If you haven’t read any of her books before, I recommend you start with her Fairlawn series about a woman who inherits a funeral home. I would never have guessed that books about learning the art of embalming could be heartwarming and funny – but these definitely are!
6. Neta Jackson – I love, love, love her Yada Yada Prayer Group books. I refused to read these books for several years because the covers were neon colors and the titles made me think I wouldn’t be interested in reading them. I’m so glad I finally gave them a try! Wow! And Yada Yada actually has an awesome meaning that I won’t ruin for you. Read them! 🙂 Note: Start with the Prayer Group books… then you can work your way through her other related books and parallel novels.
7. Karen Kingsbury – If you haven’t read any of the books about the Baxter family, I highly recommend them. You’ll fall in love with this family like millions of other readers around the world. Be sure to read this books in order so that you don’t learn secrets about the family out of the author’s intended sequence. You should read the Redemption series first.
8. Beverly LaHaye – I love the Seasons series which she wrote with Terri Blackstock. These books are about the women who find themselves living next door to each other on a cul-de-sac. Read these books with a fresh box of kleenex next to you!
9. Susan Meissner – I stumbled upon Susan’s books a few years ago and quickly read through everything she had ever written. Great books! I’d recommend you start with either The Shape of Mercy or Lady in Waiting.
10. Linda Evans Shepherd – Linda writes fun books with a message – but she doesn’t pound you over the head with it. Start with her series called The Potluck Club.
Question: Do you enjoy reading Christian Fiction? Do you have any other authors you would recommend? Please leave a comment below.
And be sure to check out the other great Reading List posts from iHN bloggers at iHomeschool Network.