Overview: Looking for a variety of fun The Lorax activities? These ideas are perfect for celebrating DR. SEUSS’s BIRTHDAY, EARTH DAY, and more.
The Lorax by Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite picture books of all time. I’m sure I’m not the only adult who feels this way. My heart was captured by the Lorax from the moment I saw the movie as a young girl. And I’ve also enjoyed sharing both the book and the movie with my own sons as well.
There are several days during the year when it’s a blast to not only read this book but to also incorporate some fun The Lorax activities for more learning fun. Countless numbers of people enjoy celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday, which is March 2nd. And Earth Day is on April 22nd, so look through this list and gather whatever supplies you will need to help your kids dive deep into the world of The Lorax.
Fun The Lorax Activities for All Learning Styles
I looked high and low to find fun activities and snacks that will appeal to a wide range of children with varying learning styles. If you want to create a unit study based on The Lorax, you should find plenty of ideas listed here to help you do just that.
Below, you will find:
- Costume Ideas
- Hands-on Activities
First, you will want to be sure to have the book handy. And a copy of the CLASSIC version of the movie from 1972 such as the digitally-remastered version below.
Costumes for The Lorax
Dressing up in costumes and acting out the book is great fun for kinesthetic learners! Let your child help make the costume and then let him act out the story as you read it to him. So much fun!
- DIY Lorax Costume (by Crystal from Surviving a Teacher’s Salary)
Crafts for The Lorax Activities
If you have a crafty child, you can’t go wrong with these super cute activities. There are a variety of options listed here for both older and younger children.
- Truffula Trees (by Angela from About a Mom)
- The Lorax Paper Plate Craft (by Kimberly from A Night Owl)
- The Lorax Toilet Tube Craft (by Angela from The Inspiration Edit)
- Puffy Paint Truffula Trees (by Jackie from I Heart Arts and Crafts)
- Cotton Ball Truffula Trees (by Mary Catherine from Fun-A-Day)
- Paper Bag Lorax Puppet (by Jenny from The Relaxed Homeschool)
Hands-on Activities for The Lorax
These activities include STEAM, language arts, sensory activities, and a fun guessing game with a Lorax theme. Who says learning isn’t fun?!?
- The Lorax STEAM Challenge (by Jamie from Preschool Steam)
- Truffula Tree Word Families (by Kristina from School Time Snippets)
- Earth Slime Lorax Activity (by Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Dr. Seuss Inspired Headband Game (by Amy from Rock Your Homeschool)
- The Lorax Sensory Bin (by Dayna from Lemon Lime Adventures)
→ Related Content: 79 Must Have Read Aloud Books that Boys (and Girls) Love!
FREE Printables for The Lorax
These writing and coloring activities are great to sandwich between some of the more active learning above. They’re also a great way for kids to exercise their artistic abilities and their creativity.
- The Lorax Maze (by Little Wish Parties)
- Lorax Coloring Pages (by Best Coloring Pages for Kids)
- The Lorax Writing Prompts (by Trisha at Inspiration Laboratories)
- The Lorax Quote Coloring Page (by Dawn at Dawn Nicole Designs)
Snacks for The Lorax Activities
No unit study is complete without some form of sustenance. There’s a wide range of options to choose from. Some are healthier than others. But they’re all delicious!
- Truffula Tree Seeds (by Billie from Printables 4 Mom)
- The Lorax Nutter Butter Cookies (by Kelsey from Kindergarten is Grrrreat)
- The Lorax Cupcakes (by Marci from Marci Coombs)
- Healthy Lorax Snack (by Karen from Desert Chica)
I hope this post has given you some ideas for fun The Lorax activities. Whether you’re planning a party, creating a unit study, or celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday or Earth Day, you can’t go wrong with these fun activities. For even more ideas, be sure to check out this list of 100+ Free Dr. Seuss Printables from my friend, Amy, at RockYourHomeschool.net.
Also, in my VIP Group, we’re sharing all sorts of fun learning activities about our AMAZING EARTH including videos, hands-on activities, trivia and more. You can join us here! (The Amazing Earth Lessons, as well as the rest of our Kid’s Creative Learning Camp activities, are in the UNITS section of our group.)
If you have any other suggestions for fun The Lorax activities, I’d love to hear them. Please leave a comment below!