With the Christmas season upon us, it’s so easy to become consumed with the baking, the shopping, the wrapping, the decorating, and the party-going. There is so much to do and so little time to do it. Sometimes we get so busy with the trappings of the holiday that the meaning behind it all can grow strangely dim.
Christmas should be a time when we are pointing others toward Christ. It should be a time when we ourselves are thinking about Him. And with all of the symbolism around us, this is actually a great time of year to spread some cheer along with the Christian message of love and hope through Jesus.
But what steps should we be taking in order to share the gospel with others? It’s easy to say Merry Christmas when we are out and about. To smile and to be kind to others. But are there more specific ways that we can try to open the door to having deeper spiritual conversations with people this holiday season?
I’ve recently discovered a company which will help us to do just that.
I received this product for free and I was compensated for my time. But all of my opinions are honest and I wasn’t required to post a positive review.
Lo•gos Trading Post carries beautifully woven Christian products which are perfect for gift giving this Christmas. Their motto is “God’s word woven into our daily lives.” The founder of Lo•gos Trading Post is originally from Turkey and he has a passion to share the gospel with the people of the Middle East. Listen to him explain why he started this company.
Isn’t that awesome?!? I love how he said that his real passion is to share the gospel and their products are just a vehicle for that.
Take a look at the beauty of their intricately-woven bookmarks!
Their products are deceptively inexpensive and would make great gifts for Sunday School teachers and pastors. The bookmarks are only $3.99! And they’re small enough that they could even be included in Christmas cards as a way to encourage others. I plan to include one in some correspondence our family has been having with a fellow brother-in-Christ, who has been in prison for the past several years and has been separated from his family.
They’re also affordable enough that you could keep a few in your purse to hand out if God opens up the opportunity to speak to someone or if He prompts you to just hand one out and say, “God bless you!”
I don’t know about anyone else, but sometimes it’s hard for me to open my mouth to tell others about Jesus. I sometimes feel awkward and don’t know what to say. These Lo•gos Trading Post gifts can make it so that we don’t necessarily need to say anything.
And another amazing thing with all of this is that just by purchasing one of their products you’re helping to spread the gospel. For every product sold, Lo•gos Trading Post gives away one Bible to a non-believer in the Middle East, written in their heart language! And the products are made in the Middle East as well, which also gives the craftsman the chance to see God’s word. So just buying these products will give you the opportunity to be involved with going into all the world to preach the gospel to all creation.
The Lo•gos Trading Post catalog includes items such as necklaces, mouse pads, bookmarks, coasters, and more.
These items can be a great icebreaker for our kids to help them get a conversation started. Here are some ideas for places to hand out the Lo•gos Trading Post gifts:
- Take a handful of bookmarks into a nursing home and pass them out. Not only will the residents soak up the presence of your children, but they can also be blessed by your gift.
- Try bringing a few to the local police department or fire station, along with a plateful of Christmas cookies, and pass them out as a thank-you for their service.
- Bring them to your local VFW Post and give them to the vets to thank them for the sacrifices they and their families have made for our country.
- Take them to a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen and pass them out to some of the residents as you serve them.
- Send them as part of a care package to college students from your church or neighborhood.
- Mail them to service men or women who are currently serving overseas.
- Visit someone you know who is in prison. Give them one of these small gifts to encourage them.
- Take a meal to a shut-in, an elderly person, a new mom, someone who has recently experienced a death in the family, or someone who is ill. Give them a card with one of these gifts as a reminder that God is with them and will sustain them.
As you can see, not only are Lo•gos Trading Post products affordable but they are also an amazingly easy way to spread the gospel this Christmas season. For more information about Lo•gos Trading Post, please visit their website or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.